Scrapalicious

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting  
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Friday, May 12, 2006

Friday Again ________________________________________________________________
Gee these Fridays roll around so quickly!!

Today is my "big" baby's 8th birthday. Where have the years gone. I still remember the day she was born and it seems like only yesterday. I just want to keep my babies as children forever. It worries me how they will get on when they grow up and what will happen to them...

Anyway - onto the birthday. I think she had a great day. She got very spoilt present-wise...although it was quantity rather than expense, lol. The most expensive thing she got was a little MP3 player for about $50. She also got some Barbie stuff, some school stuff (socks, shoes, drink bottle, art stuff), a new quilt cover for her bed, a bag, DVD and CD. She also had a friend over after school and to stay for dinner and we had home made hamburgers...yummy! And of course, birthday cake!

To top off her special day, she was also this week's recipient of the class award at school. Only one or two are given out each week and this is the first one for the year - very exciting for her!! I believe she is one of the top students in her class and we were supposed to have a meeting with her teacher today, but he has been off sick for a few days, so I am guessing that will need to be rescheduled.

We got a note home today that the Year 2 choir is performing at the Wollongong Eistedfordd in June. I am hoping that my boss is feeling generous to give me the morning off work to go and watch her.

On a sadder note, this week saw Adam's day-carer's father pass away. He was only 54 and had 2 strokes over the Easter weekend. He was just starting to improve when he took a turn for the worse and slipped into a coma last Wednesday evening (a week ago) and passed away without waking up on Tuesday. I dread the day that I am in her shoes...

I have my 2nd last CPA exam next Thursday (Financial Reporting and Disclosure - YUCK) - only one more after this one and I will be a fully qualified CPA accountant (woo hoo). A bit late in life but I got there in the end!


Finally, I am updating my slide show...but there's nothing new there, just want to show off really, LOL.

For all you mummies there - have a great Mother's Day on Sunday (think of me studying my brain into jelly).

posted by Sharon at 11:25 PM 7 comments

7 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

Profile

Name:
Location: Figtree, New South Wales, Australia

Married to Michael and mum to two gorgeous children, who are the light of my life. I love to read, scrapbook and make cards. We are a Christian family and enjoy spending time with family and friends. I work as an accountant and help run my hubby's web design and hosting business.

Subscribe

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Links

  • Suspended In Time
  • Scrappybitz
  • My Gallery
  • MACdigiscrap Yahoo Group
  • Blogs I Visit

  • ~ Lee ~ { Blissful Pixel }
  • Angela - Angela's Abode
  • Karen Johnson Photography
  • Judy - Digital Scraps
  • Shez - Welcome Friends
  • Chris
  • Sue Jones
  • Chelle
  • Michael - Supreme Being
  • My Craft Store

    Store blinkie

    Archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • June 2007
  • November 2007
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • Pickleberry Blog Ring

    Pickleberry Blog Ring

    Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next

    Powered By