Scrapalicious

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting  
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Saturday, April 15, 2006

Weekend Ramblings ________________________________________________________________
Here we are, Easter Saturday and it is just me and Adam today. Michael is working and Ashleigh has gone off to the Easter show with her cousins. This is day 2 without her, and boy the house seems quiet! She is off to mum's for two weeks on Monday, so it will be very quiet here....

As I am sitting here typing this, he is sitting at daddy's computer playing with Disney Magic Artist! I can't believe my not (not quite) 2 and a half year old can turn on the computer, get the cd, put it in and start it up and play his favourtie games. I guess that happens when you have computer geeks for parents eh?

Sadly, Elvis, our baby cockatiel "left the building" on Thursday night. We aren't quite sure what happend, but on Thursday afternoon he was very wonky and couldn't fly, wouldn't eat and wasn't very vocal. I took him to vet and he said he was stressed and in shock and gave him an injection - then he passed out, much to Ashleigh's horror! We took him home, set him up in a dark box with a hot water bottle (as per the vet's instructions), but sadly passed away 2 hours later. Ashleigh was at a sleep over and didn't know until late afternoon yesterday but she was inconsolable. We also had more tears at bed time which made me start crying all over again. As she said we hadn't had him very long but was already attached.

We don't seem to have much luck with birds since my darling Jezebel (another cockatiel) escaped several years ago. I am beginning to think the cage is cursed, so I have told Michael to throw it, and every single bird toy we have in the bin. I will purchase a new cage before I get a new bird.

Tomorrow we are planning a lovely quiet day with an egg hunt for the kids and pancakes for breakfast (Ashleigh's favourite Sundy brekkie) and hopefully after that I can get some work done. I have been speaking to our local community college about teaching digi-scrapping and they are keen, but would like me to make a submission to their planning committee....don't know if I am up for it as there are many more talented ladies than me out there, but I am willing to give it a go.

Happy Easter to everyone.

posted by Sharon at 11:40 AM 7 comments

7 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

Profile

Name:
Location: Figtree, New South Wales, Australia

Married to Michael and mum to two gorgeous children, who are the light of my life. I love to read, scrapbook and make cards. We are a Christian family and enjoy spending time with family and friends. I work as an accountant and help run my hubby's web design and hosting business.

Subscribe

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Links

  • Suspended In Time
  • Scrappybitz
  • My Gallery
  • MACdigiscrap Yahoo Group
  • Blogs I Visit

  • ~ Lee ~ { Blissful Pixel }
  • Angela - Angela's Abode
  • Karen Johnson Photography
  • Judy - Digital Scraps
  • Shez - Welcome Friends
  • Chris
  • Sue Jones
  • Chelle
  • Michael - Supreme Being
  • My Craft Store

    Store blinkie

    Archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • June 2007
  • November 2007
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • Pickleberry Blog Ring

    Pickleberry Blog Ring

    Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next

    Powered By